Our GPS coordinates are:
49°20.795’N – 95°3.737’W

9270 Golf Course Rd NW, Angle Inlet, MN 56711

If you have any questions, please contact us.


Warroad Border Crossing – use if coming from the east (Baudette) OPEN 24 HOURS

Head north of Warroad on # 313 approximately 6 miles to the Canadian Customs border crossing. Stop and clear customs. You are now in Canada and the highway number has changed to Manitoba # 12. Continue on about 8 miles to Sprague. Turn north on # 308, drive through the town of Sprague and continue on # 308 for about 20 miles.

The road turns to gravel just past the cut off to Moose Lake. Stay on # 308 for about 5 miles, till you come to junction # 525 and turn right (this is a T junction and you must turn right to get on #525). At this point you are about 26 kms (or 16 miles) from Jake’s.

Drive till you come to the first stop sign (about 14 miles). Before you turn left, STOP at the glass booth in front of you to check back into the U.S.A. on the tablet. You’ll be interviewed on video by a U.S. Customs officer.  We also have a tablet to check back into the USA in our office if you are arriving during regular office hours.

Continue with that left turn. Follow the road around a sharp right curve to the stop sign. Turn right, and continue 1/4 mile to the end. Jake’s is on your left.

Roseau Border Crossing – use if coming from south or west OPEN 8:00 A.M. TILL MIDNIGHT DAILY

Head north of Roseau on #310 approximately 10 miles to the Canadian Customs. Stop and clear Customs. You are now in Canada. Continue on to the junction with #12 (about 1 1/2 miles). Turn right and drive about 8 miles to Sprague. Turn north on #308.

The directions from this point on are exactly the same as if you were coming from Warroad.


Any one admissible into Canada can drive to the Northwest Angle.  Vaccination for COVID is no loner required.


Currently, the ArriveCAN app is optional.  It doesn’t save much time when arriving at the border.  If you choose to use it, an excellent tutorial is available HERE


  • Photo ID’s for everyone in your party. As of June 1, 2009 – it is recommended everyone have a passport.
  • If you are bringing minor children along without both parents present, it is a good idea to bring birth certificates or passports for all the kids. Also, a letter from the absent parent(s) containing contact information is necessary.
  • Insect repellent, sunscreen, rain gear, hat and sunglasses, warm and cool clothes.
  • Cell phone if you have one. We have a Verizon/AT&T cell tower nearby.
  • Fishing gear, camera and enough film, binoculars, birding book if you’re into that, charcoal if you plan to grill.

Keep in mind that there are no grocery stores or laundromats up here.


  • Firewood
  • Guns or Pepper Spray
  • Any bait, alive or dead, other than artificial


Clearing into Canada is a simple process. There is a border telephone located at Jim’s Corner (the same location where you may have cleared into the U.S.). Press the “Canada” button. The customs agent on the telephone will ask:

  • Everyone’s name and birth date
  • Your citizenship and travel document # and expiry date
  • How long you plan to stay in Canada
  • The number on your car’s license plate

Then the agent will issue a travel permit number to your party. Occasionally the equipment will not operate. If this should happen, drive on/or back to Jake’s and we will be able to assist you.


If you are a frequent visitor, you may be interested in getting an RABC. There is a $30.00 fee for this (CAN funds) and it can be done in person at the Rainy River Immigration and Customs (just across the Rainy River from Baudette. The hours are 8:00 a.m. till 5:00 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays). This will take you 15 minutes or so and can be paid with CAN funds or by using your Visa or Mastercard.

You can also do it by mail and should allow a minimum of 6 weeks for processing. There is now an option to process by email.  Find out more information here.  This program has been re-instated!  

The permit allows you and your spouse, and your dependent children to cross the Angle border into Canada without having to stop to check in. All the people in your party must have one in their possession or you will be required to check in anyway.

Other Options to Get Here:

You can fly here from Baudette or other locations in Minnesota with Lake Country Air.  Please check out their website HERE

You can also take a launch across from Sportsman’s Lodge with the Lake of the Woods Passenger Service.  For more information, please see their website HERE


  • Ontario fishing licenses are available online here. Please purchase them in advance. They are no longer available on the lake or in Sprague.
  • 8-day conservation license in Ontario will cost approximately $40 US, including the Outdoors card.
  • We no longer sell MN fishing licenses on site, but they can be purchased online here.

Border Restrictions

There are no longer restrictions on alcohol or tobacco when Americans are transporting goods to the Northwest Angle. You must declare everything when crossing into Canada. Long arms must be registered at the Canadian border, and handguns and personal protection devices (such as Mace) are not permissible. 


DWI/DUI CONVICTIONS IN THE PAST 10 YEARS ARE CONSIDERED FELONIES IN CANADA AND YOU WILL BE REFUSED ENTRY. Any crime or felony conviction could cause you to be refused entry into Canada. If this is a concern for you, contact the nearest Canadian Consulate and apply for a TRP (temporary residency permit) to allow entry for a fee. Allow at least 6 weeks for processing.

If you have any questions, please call Jake’s at 1-218-223-8181 or 1-800-729-0864.

Approximate Driving Times to Jake’s

  • Minneapolis/St. Paul (via I94 & I29 – 7-8 hrs
  • Duluth – 6 hrs.
  • Milwaukee, WI – 12 hrs.
  • Chicago, IL – 13 hrs.
  • Winnipeg – 2.5 hrs.
  • Grand Forks, ND – 3.25 hrs.
  • Fargo, ND – 4.25 hrs.
  • Sioux Falls, SD – 7 hrs.
  • Omaha, NE – 10.25 hrs.
  • Kansas City, MO – 13 hrs.